View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 11:33 AM   #88
kewlbyme
Occasional Partaker

Oddometer: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloyosh
If you filtered out the noise, L2I, made some good points. Points that were never really directly answered by Wayne. I agree he crossed the line but Wayne wasn't exactly a Saint in the whole exchange.

Since the topic of Waynes customer service came up, I thought I'd share my experience with him. I figured I'd ask him the questions that concerned me directly in an email rather than fueling the fire on the forum. Rather than simply reply with answers, he chose to post in the forum and basically call me an idiot for wanting CE gear. Then he proceeded to slam the Halvarsson's gear, which later he admitted to only having seen pictures of. When called out on his criticism, he clammed up.

When you call your gear "the best gear in the world" you'd better be willing to be held to a very high standard to prove it.

I agree with you 100% on this. I would say that if you are going to criticize a competitor's product you should be held to an even higher standard.

If I can still get my questions answered by Wayne, I may still purchase his product. If it works, it works. As it stands I've had a much better experience with Halvarsson's thus far and they aren't even native english speakers.

Cheers
Well said. Good come back to my poking.

As far as waynes claims, I dont know or care how his armour compairs with ce. The bottom line is that apparently, his stuff works. As in the comparison I listed above in a previous post, the reports in Zed88's post, and all over the place. I am sure that there is another brand that works too. That doesn't diminish the apparent effectivness of motoport.

I hear you on backing up baseless claims. Maybe wayne is a little too defensive, enthusiastic and emotional. But, with so many folks giving "save your hide" type testimonials, you would think that you could find some real exceptions. At least one exception where a seam turned loose or something to disprove waynes claims. Maybe there are exceptions, I've just never seen one, yet. I just keep reading stuff about how good wayne's stuff worked in get offs. And, if someone attacked me like L2ill attacked wayne, I would have been a little gunched up too.

I mean, please, find something besides "it bunches up behind my knees", and "it makes my BUTT look bad", before you start toasting wayne for his "claims".

I wish you and everyone luck in your search. I look forward to a REAL report by an American, on the Halvarsson. I havn't seen one yet.
2002 KLR 703.5 - Sold
1999 Valkyrie IS - Sold
kewlbyme is offline   Reply With Quote