Old 04-21-2007, 05:00 PM   #45
John in Leeds
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
Thumb Just tooling around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupid Stunt
Come on then John we want to know more
have you sorted the off idle throttle or jerky fueling in the lower revs ?
Have not had much chance to do many miles recently and I don't think that the fuelling is going to get top priority this year. Tooling around with my mate on his Blackbird showed he had no advantage till a hundred and in compaison handled like a tub of lard. Starting to rev it now just to 8000 but it gets there so quick and the wind blast over a hundred leads to less stability so I don't go there much. I have learned to ride above the very bottom end stutter and to be honest I have ridden bikes much worse than this, its just that my Rosso Corsa fuels so cleanly right off idle I probably expect too much.

Have got some better fuel economy now it is nearly run in, 40mpg (imperial) as a hooligan to 50mpg staying just over the speed limits.

In a weeks time I expect to take it down my mates place near Limoge in France. I will do it in the day so will get some idea of its distance potential, reliability etc. When I get back we have an off road trail day organised, so in about a month expect some more info hopefully with some decent pictures

Thanks for your interest
John in Leeds is offline   Reply With Quote