View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 10:38 PM   #165
Poolside
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano 407
Big box stores impress me with thier prices on charcoal and paper towels. Tech questions should be handled by qualified people. Hell, those people cant tell me where the bathroom is.

OK, you get the point, buy discount fertilizer at the Home Despot, and buy a red machine at a welding shop who will be able to sell you replacement contact tips and difusers without looking up their part numbers via a downed internet connection.
Sure, don't ask the guy at Home Depot welding tech questions. What, you think people are that crazy?

But the Miller machines there, and from online sellers, are absolutely standard Miller fare. Replacement parts are just as well known to the brand-specific weld supply store.

Same is true for online sellers of Lincoln, Hobart, etc. And Harbor Freight sells Hobart welders and plasma cutters.

If you know what you want, and save $250 on it say, and get replacement or repair parts locally, seems like an ok deal to me.

- Jim

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote