Thread: Highland Motors
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 11:43 PM   #79
marcjs
Chi-Town Outback

Oddometer: 14
Hi John,

I have been reading your posts with great interest - thanks for taking the time to document your experiences with your Highland.

I own three Highlands in the USA, which I acquired from the defunct USA distributor (see pic below of my stable). All are 2004 950 V-twins: one Outback; one Allroad; and one Motard. The Outback is my daily transport to work (when dry). The other two have only turned tens of kilometers as I have been tuning their EFI using the Highland tuning kit.

After taking delivery of the bikes in 'kit form' I secured titles and Illinois registration for them and have been experimenting with improving the low-end control. Tim, the UK distributor has been an invaluable source of assistance with the tuning process, and is an exceptionally nice guy as well.

I am pretty happy with the present tuning (largely as passed on to me by UK Tim), and may be placing the Allroad up for sale later this month (if anyone Stateside is interested please feel free to PM me).

I will be in the UK the third week of June (funny enough, in your neck of the woods - Huddersfield), and would like very much if you'd share some more of your experiences over a pint or two at a watering-hole of your choice (l feel I'm entitled to indulge in the British vernacular, having returned to the States a couple of years ago following a 10-year stay in 'Blighty'). Let me know if you'll be around the last week of June .
Attached Images

- Albert Einstein
marcjs is offline   Reply With Quote