View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 02:16 PM   #207
rick danger
Off the wagon

Oddometer: 4,983
Some SM questions.....What was the bottom line as far as tachs? I saw a digital one and a gauge style. Anybody have either? Good? bad? Kind of nice to get one that fits in the space to the right of dash like the round one I saw a pic of. Now seat question: Does renazco sell premade seats? Or is it strictly send them yours and wait.......and wait.....etc. Whats the skinny on a nice flat rear rack? Like the one wpbarlow had? Brents? Is there anything else I should do to the brand new bike? How much of a project is it to remove the emissions crap? Will it be easy to see whats involved when I look at it? Do you think a new 07 will have the various recalls fixed? Like starter motor problems and whatnot? I'm getting the bike from town and country in Jersey for anyone local. They are supposed to be a good dealer. The 16 tooth countershaft sproket is backordered, but I'm gonna try it. What about brake pads? Galfer greens or any others? I know the bike has great brakes already ,but you know.....to much is never enough... And yeah I know, just ride it, But I dont have it yet so I'm stuck in front of the keyboard for now Mentally rideing.......wpbarlow do you still have the cool little bar end mirrors? They look nice. How are they to use? I'm getting the black one. Will the plastic show scratches quickly? I'm anal. I think this bike is gonna be alot more practical than the hypermotard I was real close to getting. Descent size tank, 8" susp. for dirt road blasting. Anyone use distanzias? I had them on my KLR 650 that I motarded and they stuck like glue in the turns but have a dualsport pattern. I thought they might work well on this bike too since I like getting into the woods once in a while. How is the slack in the brake lines and wires for bar risers? I have a set of ROX 2 1/4" pivoting risers I'm gonna try. Hopefully I can reroute the line behind the fork tubes to get the play. We'll see. What kind of watts does this bike have for heated clothing etc? I'd like to ride into the chilly season before switching to the windshield bike since this bike will be NEW! Thanks for the info. I know its alot of questions but once I get it maybe I can pay back with some ideas of my own that might interest people...

rick danger is offline   Reply With Quote