View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 09:54 AM   #29
leonphelps OP
TAT/Prudhoe Bay

Oddometer: 1,037
Stolen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbunceiii
Mine is a 91, DR350E, dirt only, kickstart. It was kind of a basket case when I got it. The engine was rebuilt, the crank had the oil starvation problem, it blew up!! New Wesico piston too. New Clutch plates, The carb was shot, I tried a rebuild but it was just too tired to save. SO i got a new one from bikebandit.com, $300 plus. I rejetted it and it runs good once its started. Its just a PAIN IN THE ASS to start sometimes, kick and kick and kick. And the clutch

I need electric start. All in all though a good bike, I just hate when it stalls in the woods, hard to start when its hot. The clutch basket is soft aluminum so its tough to find neutral when its super hot. I could replace the basket with a new one from Jesse K but I don't know how much $$ I want to keep dumping in the bike.

I did an enduro school in Meriden CT a few weekends ago. It was from a dead start, which was a pain in the ass. I droped the bike a few times and stalled it out. I kicked it over soo trying to start it I wore myself out.

I like to say the bike has "character" :)

It was my first dirt bike in about 19 years, my old one was a KDX200 2 stroke.

So My Bike was stolen...if anyone see's it please call the police....

I crashed my Multistrada and put the dirt bike out for sale. I figured I was out for the season with injuries and I should sell it and get a new one for next year. So....they cut the chain and off they went with it. I'll be checking eBay for my stolen parts too. If everyone could keep an eye out in the Connecticut area that would be VERY helpful
leonphelps is offline   Reply With Quote