View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 07:33 PM   #32
mark1305
Old Enough To Know Better

Oddometer: 5,891
All right, since everyone is throwing down, here's the one that keeps me going since we lost her mother in 2002...

This pic is probably 1 1/2 to 2 years old, and I'm facing the same age challenges as dlrides. But it is worth every bit of the turmoil and challenge involved. But luckily, I've already moved into that coveted bracket where the older she becomes, the smarter I become.

We've had some great rides locally where she has seen the beauty of native Florida - and more to come.

And she has been to many track day events where I work as an instructor and she has seen other instructors (like the one that doubles up with me to trailer to the events) eat it big time, so she knows a crash isn't the end of the world (it just means you have a hell of a time cutting your steak with f*cked up hands later that evening).

And she has her own XR 80, and can ride my YSR 50 when she wants.

Life is good when you are raising a daughter around bikes.

Don, one of these days we will have to get together on a ride for the kids so they can share amongst themselves the camaraderie that we do. I'm starting to think critically about how to do something like that.

When a person asks you for advice, they don't want advice. They want corroboration.
mark1305 is offline   Reply With Quote