View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 11:32 AM   #157
2 Wheels

Oddometer: 174
Erendira, Baja California, Part 3

PART 3 OF ROUTE - LA CALAVERA TO ERENDIRA

ROAD TO ERENDIRA

LOOKING FOR SHELLFISH

That's not any of us. We didn't bring swimming gear.

CHASE VEHICLE ON THE BEACH

We stop at a beach between La Calavera and Erendira where we meet up with Dana and the kids.

RIDING ON THE BEACH

We never get to do this at home so we can't pass up the opportunity.

MORE RIDING ON THE BEACH

RAI GETTING A RIDE

MIGUEL GETTING A RIDE

MIGUEL AND RAI POSING BY MY BIKE

MIGUEL ON MY BIKE

RAI ON MY BIKE

After I take Miguel's picture on my bike, he asks me if he can ride it. At first I say no, but he says he knows how to ride a bike and asks again. Thinking his aunt will never let him ride my bike, I tell him that if his aunt says it's okay, then he can ride it. When he asks Dana, she says "Yeah, no problem." I'm surprised that she says yes, but now I guess I have to let him ride it. Miguel riding my 250-pound bike is like me riding a 500-pound bike with a 39-inch seat height.

As we start walking over to the bike, Joaquin realizes what's going on, and tells his wife that the boys want to ride the bike themselves, not ride it as a passenger. Immediately she says "No way!" so they're safe from having 250 pounds of metal fall on them, and I'm safe from having to ride back with broken turn signals. But they miss the fun of taking a short spin on a motorcycle on the beach.

The confusion resulted from their saying something like "pasear en la moto" which can mean either ride the bike or ride on the bike as a passenger. They almost got to do it.

After playing around for a while on the beach, it's time to hit the road again.

ROAD TO ERENDIRA

NEAR COYOTE CAL'S BUNKHOUSE

GROUP PHOTO NEAR COYOTE CAL'S

Since we're so close, we decide to go check it out.

COYOTE CAL'S

COYOTE CAL'S DINING ROOM

It's more of a dormitory than a hotel, but it's clean, and seems like a good place to stay on a trip to Baja. Here's a link to their website if anyone's interested. http://www.coyotecals.com/
2 Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote