View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 12:06 PM   #120
patch29
Surly Rider

Oddometer: 7,365
Re: Newbie questions

Quote:
Said tom_vervaeke:

Q1: If I get a smugmug account (for example), do I still have the 160K limit per pic if I use the IMG button instead of attaching the photos?
No, you can upload up to 8mb per image I believe. It will give you small, medium, large and original image sizes to link back to. Most posts are done with small or medium as the larger files can burn bandwidth which if you go over can cost a little extra.

Quote:
Said tom_vervaeke:

Q2: If I use smugmug, can I use the IMG button to link to short videos as well? My little Canon A80 make decent, low-res videos that often say a lot more in 5-30 seconds of video than a million pics.
You have to be a poweruser(?) the $50.00 plan allows you to upload up to 8mb of video, but it has to be converted to mpeg 1.

Quote:
Q3: If I get a smugmug acct, any recommendations on which one? I don't see how I could go beyond the capabilities of the Standard account for $29.95/Yr but am more worried about the possible number of hits, bandwidth, etc..
Start with the basic plan, unless you are planning to convert the video and upload it, they you have to go up one notch. If you start to use a lot of bandwidth you can upgrade later. You should be ok for most ride reports.
patch29 is offline   Reply With Quote