View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 09:05 PM   #1604
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by motometal
just seems like with 12" of travel, I shouldn't be jarred by those sharp edged lead-ins to bridges, pot holes, and the like. I'm sure break in will help. The accepted rule on rear sag, is that you want close to 1/3 travel (4"), without too much sag just from the bike's weight alone. The spring would be bouncing around in there loose by the time I got 4" out of mine. I don't fault the bike for that, the stock springs always work for someone, maybe just not me in this case.

Dan-FWIW, my dealer said "don't bother" on the right side screen. I may still do it anyway, I don't mind spinning wrenches as long as it's for good cause. I suppose a chance i'll tear the gasket and have to order one.
The gasket should come off with the case just fine, I had my case off multiple times, dealing with counterbalancer nut issue and when replacing my shift shaft, and the gasket held up fine...btw when removing the brake pedal I did find the inner o-ring was torn, perhaps from not getting it seated correctly on previous maintenance...

Dan
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote