View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 11:35 PM   #7530
Copperhead
n00b

Oddometer: 4
I think I'm crossing over :-) !!!

Hi All....

Been lurking for quite a while and never thought I had anything useful to contribute so I just sponged as much info from this thread as possible. Well, I think I'm about to cross over and join you looneys :-) lol.... I have been a street rider for years... current mount is a 2005 CBR 1000rr and I love it!

I love travel on 2 wheels... been across Canada and this year went to Cali along the coast. The CBR is a great travel machine but I kept seeing all these great roads that I wouldn't even consider doing on the CBR and it got my brain spinning again on the dirt/dual sport thing.

When I was growing up I rode everything from a 5hp Briggs & Stratton mini bike to honda 50's, 70's, Suzuki 2 smokers and on and on..... but then discovered the street bike! Been there for the better part of 30 years. I love my sport bike and will have one till I can no longer swing my leg over but the last few years I've felt like something was missing. Enter this thread and I've been hooked and looking for a DS ride to add to the stable to keep the CBR company. I put an offer in on a '99 DR650 tonight and I'm holding my breath hoping it's accepted!

It's pretty much stock but I have mapped out the future for this bike thanks to all the posts in this thread. Thank you to all! I will post when it gets sorted out :-) Thank you one and all for the motivation! I can't wait to hit the dirt again
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote