View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 07:42 AM   #9
CGH
Polluting the ether

Oddometer: 19,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnx66
Does anyone have the link to which border crossings allow Vehicle Importation and the availability hours? I remember seeing it posted here recently but for the life of me can't find it now. Trying to help a friend buy a car in the states.
Here's the link to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) home page. On the left side, under the heading "Resources", you'll see "CBSA Offices". This takes you to a page with links to all the offices and ports, and further, to their hours and services listings. They don't have individual office listings for phone and fax, but you can get this information from the toll-free number.

As with the U.S. ports, the guys in the field do things a little different than what is outlined in the official information. For example, I was told that the CBSA would not accept payment for the GST over $500 by credit card. Yeah, that's what I thought too. Anyhow, I phoned the port I was planning on bringing the vehicle through and the guy I talked to said that yes, while that's the official policy, they turn a blind eye to it. Will they all do that? YMMV.

No links to any Facebook pages though.