View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 05:06 PM   #787
Tetched
Local Village idiot

Oddometer: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by «EagleFeather»
Thanks for the compliments guys - its been a work in progress for the last year and a half. I think its about done..........at least for now

I've help from some very creative and resourceful ADV'ers. GeoRover1 designed and made the off-road footpeg inserts - I've got em on both front and rear. Stretch67 put together the high-mount fender kit and did an awesome job. As far as the other farkles on this bike - its mostly TouraTech. I really like the TT stuff because, 1-its well made and 2-its modular, so you can replace any individual piece by itself. Here is the list though.

BMW GS1150 Handguards w/Touratech wind deflectors
Touratech stone guard for headlights
Touratech stone guard for radiator
Touratech stone guard for oil cooler
Touratech handlebar risers
Touratech crash bars for the engine
Touratech skidplate
Happy Trails panniers
Wolfman Tailpack
K&N air filter
Triumph Off-Road Race Can w/High Performance ECU tune
-1 countersprocket (for better control climbing and descending off-road)
Custom cut windscreen by yours truly

As far as the cast aluminum wheels on an 01 - I don't know for sure. I know that the frame and swingarm are different. You would have to measure the width of the wheel/hub on the cast aluminum wheel and see if it will fit. I would actually like to go the other way - I would like to have some nice spoked wheels and a 21" front. Thats next on the wish list for me. I'd like to have 2 sets - a 21/18 spoked set with knobbies and a 17/17 cast set with street tires.

klrmike - finding an 01 with only 6k miles is great - snatch it up. Be sure to post up some pics and keep us updated on your upgrade progress.
Thanks for taking the time to post this list.I'm looking at the lowered footpegs for mine.I kinda got a bum knee and need the stretch.I have a set of HT panniers,9" I believe.What size are yours?
I'll post a few pics this weekend of mine.Bought it this April with a little over 6000 on the clock.It has
Triumph luggage with logo (givi)
Tank cover with bag
Track pipe
Frame sliders
Mirror extenders
Bar risers

Still looking for an after market set of bars and would really like a good set of highway pegs to stretch out once in a while.The good thing is looking at the layout of your bike has got me out of the GSA mode pics coming this weekend

Happy Trails

Mike