View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 03:01 PM   #60
Two Plugs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,162
That grazy old bike

Today we had a little ride out with our provincial departement of the Dutch Transalp- Africa Twin and Varadero club and altough the weather was kind of shitty, I decided to leave the mighlty Dero in the garage and took my 2nd XLV .

We made a 100 mls ride (167 km) in to Germany, to a famous place called the Bike Motel, where you can eat realy GIANT Schnitzels including feggies, french fried and potatoes for only € 7,50:

I'm the guy sitting at the end of the table with the gray fleece jacket.

The place to be:
http://www.biker-motel.de/web/index.php

And although the weather protection of the XLV750R is rather crap, my biceps have increased a full inch tnx to the return to the Netherlands with strong headwind on the German motorway I really LOVE this ancient Honda big trail bike!

Waiting for a traffic light in the middle of nowhere... Strange guys, those Germans...

Best mod I have done: replacing the original airsuspended rear shock unit for a Technoflex unit (as on the model which I am working on in the postings above).

Will make some pictures tommorow before I clean the bike. Its a beauty. Even when its dirty!

With special tnx to Marco and Hans for providing the pics!

22-25 May 2015: 17th Varadero & 4rd Crosstourer International Meeting, Milau, France!
Two Plugs is offline   Reply With Quote