View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 08:21 AM   #13
walrond
Earth Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,062
I just put a set of these on a few weeks ago ( with the help of Jim Von Baden) and I have to say that so far I am thoroughly impressed. I took off a well used pair of Tourances so obviously most anything would be better as a replacement, but I can honestly say that these tires feels wonderful and inspire incredible confidence.

So far I have ridden about 400 miles of some very twisty roads with a variety of surfaces (all paved) and about 500 miles of very wet interstate. These tires are quiet and smooth. Turn in is very predictable and these tires allowed me to achieve some very good lean angles with lots of feedback (ie not a numb feeling). Even though the Tourances have lots of grip, I never remember them giving me great feedback to the point where I wanted to push them even harder. Some of the corners had some pebbles in them and the Trail Attacks never missed a beat.

I did find a more thorough review over at a Varadero forum that does a much better job of summing it up. It covers all types of roads, conditions and even some track time: Conti Trail Attack review. Look about 3/4 of the way down on the first page for the first real review by Two Plugs. There is even a good comparison to a new set of Anakees on a bike that is riding with him.

These are my new favorite tires!