View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 09:49 AM   #12
rwamf
Follow me

Oddometer: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by svwayne
RWAMF,

I've been using the H2Oc for a couple of years now with the MapCreate 6.3 TOPO software. The H2Oc does everything I need but the screen can be a little tough for my eyes to read. I see that you also have a H2Oc. Do you see any differences between the XOG and H2Oc other than screen size, touch screen, and mpeg player? Does it lock satellites as fast? Can track recording parameters be changed (like on the H2Oc)? I'm assuming that an SD card loaded with maps/routes/tracks for an H2Oc will plug and play with the XOG.

Thanks
Its better in most every way than the H20c, The screen is easier to see 90% of the time over the H20c, but it is a different type of screen . You can work with the tracks the same way, (change color and they way they look etc) and you can interchange the SD cards maps,routes and track files. The XOG is great as it has the latest Navtec maps built in as your base map, for Turn by turn Auto routing with voice routing etc. The Auto zoom while riding is great ( speed dependent). The GPS chip is much faster and it locks very quick. The addition of more map options is very nice, They had the Mapselect web site up for a day and I played around with the 2 meter resolution sat images and was very impressed, but they would be quite expensive to do an entire state.
I do not use the mp3 player or the photo viewer so they do not interest me.
but having multiple maps, an abundance of track files on the card and the ability to load an entire area of tracks into it all at once is great. Garmin only allows you to bring in 20 tracks @ up to 500 points each, Lowrance will allow you to bring in 99 tracks @ up 9999 points each.
So far this seems to be the best bang for the buck out there.
Keep it up Lowrance

rwamf homepage

rwamf screwed with this post 11-28-2007 at 09:20 PM
rwamf is offline   Reply With Quote