Thread: My free SL350!
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 09:08 AM   #31
Mr. Vintage OP
Family Dude

Oddometer: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X
I agree, but if he bought a set of stock pipes, and cherry side covers and tank emblems and had the tank painted, then refinished the motor, and frame he would probably get $2500.00 for it from the right person. I saw one sell on craigslist that was not perfect but very clean and nice for $2500.00, it sold in the first day it was on there. I've allready had offers (2) from guys wanting my TC125 after I resptre it for $1500.00. Ill bet if I held out I could get 2500 for it but I want to keep it.
I would like to track down a set of sidecovers, and I plan to invest a bit and go with real paint versus krylon. If I come across a decent stock exhaust for less than a fortune, I'd go for that too. I also plan to ride it and get it dirty, so I don't want to create a total showpiece. Good to know it might be worth something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORexpat
And free! (Kinda . . . . ). Title, I trust?
No title when I got it, but I fixed that. Actually I have the title in hand - I think someone screwed up at the DMV and didn't make me wait three years. No one here works for the DMV right?