View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 08:49 AM   #253
d0gWateR
Goat Stuntaz DSMC

Oddometer: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk
I read through the thread on KTMTalk where you said the Laminar Lip stick-on windshield specified for the Duke II worked well for you on the 525 EXC. I was wonderin' if you had a picture showing it installed. I was also curious how you use it; leave it on all the time, stick it on for longer road days oly, or what. Since it has been over a year since you discussed it in that thread, do you have further thoughts??

Thanks
It seems every pic I have of the laminar lip, it's covered by my Wolfman carryall. Here's one from a Creel trip in 2006.

It worked well enough, but with the wolfman bag covering it any "laminar" effect was gone. I smashed it to bits 2 days after this photo in a hard "unscheduled dismount".

When it was mounted, it was very similar in height to a stock 640 adventure mask. I just through bolted it to the mask, the hook n loop that comes with it didn't work very well.

I won't buy another one, because the windbreak gained is so little when used with the Wolfman Enduro Carryall. And I LOVE the Wolfman bag!! It rocks!!

I'm waiting on brown santa (UPS) to bring me my next round of upgrades/changes/maintenance items.
  • Electrex 270W stator c/w Reg/Rect/Harness
  • Heated Grips
  • Baja Designs Diablo HID Headlight
I already wired the bike for GPS and Electric vest, but adding the
  • heated grips
  • helmet cam
  • camcorder
  • satellite phone charger
  • blender (hey, I'm goin to Margaritaville)
  • bean grinder & coffemaker...
OK, so the last two were a joke. But the stock stator puts out maybe 85W. I need to mod the stator to switch over to full DC for the HID headlight anyway, so I'm going with the Electrex ESG145 kit comes with everything ~$250

I've also upgraded the battery to a Yuasa YZ7TS or whatever (search KTMTalk for battery upgrade).

Waiting anxiously for this bad boy to show up.

Cambodia 2013 Blog
d0gWateR is offline   Reply With Quote