Thread: Red Sox Nation!
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 10:20 PM   #2494
Gary in Indiana
Big Bike Rider

Oddometer: 580
Two things come to mind here. The first had to do with Clemens.

When Clemens was in his last year in Boston, it certainly looked like he was trailing off as a pitcher. I was OK with it when we didn't resign him in 1996. He went to Toronto where he hooked up with the major witness in these hearings who became his and Andy Petite's personal trainer. Not coincidentally, that's when his revitalization as a pitcher began. Certainly, he started training more than he had at Fenway and that begs the question of what truly prompted that. The possibility that he had something helping him train more and harder and recover faster would certainly fit in.

The second point that comes to mind is the apparent inequity in having a Red Sox board member involved in this whole investigation. I'm a huge Sox fan as anyone here can see, but that was wrong. As much as I'd like to believe there was no information available about any current Sox player, I find it difficult to believe that a Sox board member wouldn't have been in a position to steer the focus of this investigation.s