View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #47
Dirtnadvil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 797
Thumb

As far as pain it can get very severe. I ended up with an ulcer in my esophogus from all of the anti-inflamatories I've been on over the years. Even with meds I had pain down both legs and across my lower back. Anyone who is in pain from a bum hip know this; it wont get better by itself. The hip replacement went pretty smooth for me. Two weeks of taking it real easy, walking with a cane (walker first 3 days) The healing happens fast. If my job wasn't physical I would of gone back after two weeks. I stopped using the cane around the house after 3 weeks, however I used it for walks for up to 2 months. (I was walking a mile after 10 days). I'm glad that there is such a good outcome with this surgery, I thought I was going to lose my job and not have the active life that I have always lived. Anyone on the fence about having it done or anyone who wants to talk about it please PM me. This operation has given me a huge part of my life back, not to mention I'm funner to be around..........John
Dirtnadvil is offline   Reply With Quote