View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 03:29 AM   #81
Russ

Oddometer: 15,964
Day 4
Ferry arrived in Devonport Tassmania. After that annoying wake up call which I reckon is at least 45 minutes too early.
We were stopped by Quarantine and told that we needed to clean the bike they did not want any of NSW or VIC'S dirt.

Back way to Exeter passed the poppy farms. In Afghanistan napalm would be used on these farms but here its legal for pharmaceutical use.
But never have a coffee at the Take-away joint in Exeter it was the worst I've ever tasted
We wound our way towards Launceston then toward Lillydale and the dirt to Patersonia, then over the Sideling to Springfield then the dirt to Tonganah.

we found some amazing Christmas garden decor the pig was shocked

Through to Ringarooma and on to Weldrough there were a couple of turns where we were unsure but we were eventually on Tasman Hway heading for St Helens.
In Tasmania you often see couples on bicycles touring around and when the hills-mountains they are usually about 6 km apart with one looking like they are about to die and then a couple of K's back another looking like WTF am I doing here......... thinking about Divorce, or how great is this ...... I never worked out which thought process was in place by the follower I think I just got it
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote