Thread: SA Adv Riders
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 02:48 AM   #331
27rich
roughing it :)

Oddometer: 362
finally the track I have been looking for

Well another day, another ride. After reading Masterbrewers last ride report and seeing the great photos I decided to hit the roads again and find this railway line that has a lot of people talking about. Well the day started off with light drizzle (which was not going to stop this adventurer), made for a nice change, anyway some nice back roads through to the top North West corner of Monarto. After a few wrong turns finally found the railway line.

Well just the track that I have been looking for, long, rough, rocky sections and sand. Great fun and a good work out. Would have loved to take more photos but having to much fun. Did plan to go as far as Cambrai as depicted on my map (thanks to all those for the advice on map locations, picked up 14 maps of SA from the RAA), however only made it as far as Apamurra due to time constraints. Does the track keep going further?. From there it was back home via a few new tracks.

Came across the Mannum to Adelaide water pipe line today, does anyone know if you can ride alongside it?

Can anyone tell me if there and where other tracks are like the railway line if possible thanks. Hope to catch up for a ride.

Rich
Attached Images

27rich is offline   Reply With Quote