View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 12:43 PM   #4
ravenranger
rave

Oddometer: 1,497
Thumb

Lee Parks Total Control is really good. It's amazing how much one can improve their riding by spending a day in a parking lot! The focus on cornering, traction control and body position really makes for fine-tuning road riding and certainly translates to track riding as well. I also found the focus on mental skills and minimizing energy output useful, too - especially for long days in the saddle. I was hesitant to spend the $$ but it's definitely worth every penny.

I've done the Reg Pridmore CLASS at Streets of Willow and, while the track riding was a blast and Reg is a great guy, his class is not as good at giving concrete technique as the Total Control class is. Reg is more of the "you'll know it when you feel it" versus "do A, B, & C to get X, Y, & Z."

BTW, I just got Lee's newsletter and see that the Total Control Clinic is being offered a lot more places than it used to be (like this March in Daytona during Bike Week - cool). Looks like Total Control's also come out with a second level of the class as well (better start saving my pennies).

ravenranger screwed with this post 02-11-2008 at 03:57 PM
ravenranger is offline   Reply With Quote