Thread: SA Adv Riders
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 03:07 PM   #362
masterbrewer
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbrewer

In preparation for DRTrev's Flinders Classic I'm planning a practice/hone my skills ride on the Fleurieu in preparation for that type of terrain ie

"negotiating winding, steep descents/ascents over a variety of surfaces while rubber necking the most awesome, spectacular views".

I have plotted an aprrox 300km route (95% dirt) with 120km fuel stops if needed which will leave you eager for Flinders to come around sooner.

Setting the scene:

After departing Sunday March 9th from "Windy Point Lookout" (Belair Rd southern continuation of Unley Rd) @ 7.45am you will descend into steep hairpin bends & into ever winding lush valley roads before attacking the first "summer track only" road.

Then onto a fast freshly spread 1" thick narrow, winding, undulating gravel road before the first splash & dash at Meadows.

From there, climbing up through dense scrub tracks out onto one of the most spectacular views which will test your senses as you are drawn down a steep somewhat rocky, rutted track before climbing up onto the ridges again.

Down a narrow winding gorge track & over to the next ridge with more spectacular views as another steep descent over loose ground. (easily negotiated on the TDM mind you, just sounds good to embellish the moment )

Onto Compass for another splash & dash and Trev's pastie then up to Spring Mount Conservation Park & down the "Strangways Fire Track": Mount Robertson; Mount Scrub & into Yank/Normanville via the fabulous Kemmiss Hill Rd for another splash of fuel.

Out of Yank to Wattle Flat the Moon Hill. On to Mount Terrible lookout overlooking Aldinga Bay via Pages Flat, then onto Badgers Rd, Toop Hill & Razor Back Rd to finish at say Stirling pub to clear the dust.

Everyone is welcome at their own risk & responsibility, even if you are not going to Flinders & bring your cameras.

Also listed on dbw site http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=41152.

CYA there

Those that can't make the 9th, look forward to catching up soon.

Cheers

TDMKym

masterbrewer screwed with this post 02-27-2008 at 06:37 PM
masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote