View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 01:52 PM   #51
rob23 OP
on the pipe

Oddometer: 1,811
making this into a race is just going to piss a lot of people off. The roads aren't remote enough. It passes by small farms and such where you really need to be considerate.. This was not the intent of the route. If you want to race, ride an enduro or a hare scramble.

It would be very very hard and probably pretty unsafe to do the entire ride in 24 hours. I really doubt it can be done.

I tried to do as much as I could in one day and rode from High Point to the end of Section 4 before I got too tired to ride. I deceided heading into the pines alone in the dark on an unridden route by myself was a bit foolish. This was on a long summer day before the trail was complete so it was longer.

This year's trail will be a full 1k miles. If you are silly enough to try to ride the entire route at once start in the South and work your way north. South = harder terrain and North = easy.

btw, Wildlife Management rules state you need to be out of the forest by sundown. So ridding there at night would be in essence breaking the law. Though it happens all the time this type of ridding I want to discourage.

Whoever does use the trail please do not ride in groups of more than 6 bikes. I heard of a group going through Wharton with 30+ bikes. That's unacceptable and it's illegal as well..

Remember, no evidence no crime.. tread lightly..
rob23 is offline   Reply With Quote