View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 11:13 PM   #32
Tiger_DFT
West Aussie old fart

Oddometer: 32
TE510 = XT500 + 100% more power/suspension/brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberlineAdventure
I am going to get some pictures of our XT's online today, and sure do love all the comments on these bikes, hopefully, we can keep this thread going, after all, wasn't the XT the first Thumpah !! I am about to buy a TE610, but was wondering about the 510, is it too much for a daily driver. I would be using the bike about 65% on the pavement and the rest on the dirt. I have heard that the 510 is a little too much for daily commuting. I do, however liked a hopped up piece of machinery. My other daily summer ride is a 1972 240z, old track car that doesn't like to be below 80mph... I would appreciate your comments on the 510 as I about to buy the 610 this week.
I ride my TE510 50/50....it is absolutely awesome offroad and just bearable on road. I too like performance orientated things (my road car is a Sunbeam Tiger Mk1A with a warmed up 330hp Windsor 302).

I have geared my 2005 TE 510 15/45 as I don't ride too much gnarly tight stuff here in W.A. More open firetrail riding and the close ratios and 15/45 are an absolute hoot!!

TE510 don't carry much fuel which is a good thing because by the time I get onto reserve I've got to have a little sit down anyway (58 and still growing up!). So I love my Husky, I also have a Ducati M900 (1st model - 1993) and just love riding that too if I need to go any distance on road.

Hope this helps...I'll dig up a photo of my XT500 and scan and upload it.

Cheers
David

Use it...use them...the bikes you own!
Tiger_DFT is offline   Reply With Quote