Thread: Lowrance XOG
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 08:18 AM   #66
rwamf
Follow me

Oddometer: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclepath
#1, is there any need to cut any high def. maps from my map create 6.3 to load to the SD card.

#2, how many trails or routes can be loaded to the xog before i need to use the SD card. i just have music on the sd card right now.

#3, is there any way to have the music control buttons appear on the map page like my i-way 500 ?

thanks in advance robert,

cyclepath
1. Only if you want the TOPO info, The Topo maps are older but in many areas they do show more of the back roads. I like them on the SD card as I can turn off the old topo roads and highways and leave the topo lines on with the NavTeq maps, and the Topo on the XOG is not a mess like on the Garmin units

2. I have loaded 94 tracks in mine and all was fine, another time I loaded a file with only 57 tracks and it said it was full, I do not know why, I hardly had any waypoints saved etc. But you have to load them to an SD card and from the SD card. SD cards are cheap, and the track files are very small.

3. Yes you can make a skin , I have not took the time to learn how to make a skin, check out "gps passion" for more info on skins

rwamf homepage
rwamf is offline   Reply With Quote