Thread: Bicimap
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 07:03 AM   #9
Hammer
Hawlin' aZZ

Oddometer: 2,299
I have the Baja edition of the bicimaps, and it was completely accurate and invaluable when I went last year. Alberto has done a great job with it.
I use an eXplorist 600, so its interface is somewhat different than the Zumo. There are a few common things in Magellans that can make your map not show.
I have to select the map zone in my detail maps. If I don't, of course it's not there. Only the base map is there, and it shows main roads.
The detail maps only show their detail if the screen resolution is set to a small amount. This is slightly adjustable, but is defaulted at the .8 mile resolution. Zoom in to less than .8 mile to see the details.
There are so many small details of operation to remember that using the GPSr becomes very "un-intuitive"
I set my unit up, got into the maps and virtually wandered a lot of Baja on the GPSr. This made it much easier to rely on the GPSr when I was in country.

'06 525 XC "Sledge"
'04 KTM 950 Adventure Thunder
Enough yappin'! Let's ride!
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote