View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 02:30 PM   #82
Rogue 1 OP
Walking Nike Ad

Oddometer: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawk

I guess it really doesn't matter.
You covered an amazing amount of land and I am super jealous.
However, I cringed when I read you just blasted through Colorado on I-70 and skipped Arches and only spent a night in Moab. I guess its a juggling act between seeing a little of a lot of stuff and seeing less but spending more time at any given spot....

No matter.
Brilliant adventure.
Thanks Pawk... I know I missed alot... but I saw alot as well... this trip was about seeing all the places I always said I wanted to see but never did... while on the road I found places I didnt know about (like monument valley) and I have learned of many more since (that I will make destinations as opposed to passing through) and many more that I wish to return to one day to examine more closely (like Custer and the Dakotas)... I had to start somewhere... there are still 11,000 miles of story left... read on my friends...

What you are reading are the email trancriptions of my written journal that I sent out while OTR to update my family, friends and all the great folks i met on the road that wanted to follow along...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Frank Herbert , "Dune"

"I never drive faster than I can see... other than that it's all in the reflexes..." BTILC

"Remember the face of your father." Roland the Gunslinger

http://rogue1.smugmug.com

"T.A.L.R. Redux 2007" HAS BEGUN!!! Visit the "I once was lost..." Website
Rogue 1 is offline   Reply With Quote