View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 05:24 AM   #55
TomTom63
Motorradfahrer

Oddometer: 1,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac_78

One is a start...
But I´m pretty shure that there are more from northern Germany that just didn´t answer yet.
So you´ve got the Blue Ridge Mountains and we have got the Harz (ask your girl for more details ) and Scandinavia in a 4h range.
So, how do you like the GS? I grew up in a familie of "BMW nuts" My dad and my mom were riding BMW's. I'm originally from Beckum / Westfalen. I move to the US 23 ago. I have been riding for 29 years, various italien, jap and german bikes.

Touring is my favourite riding. Work just gets in the way...

I can imagine the scandinavian route would be somewhat similar to Alaska / Canada. Last year was my first Alaska trip. We shipped the bikes to Anchorage and rode the Alaska Hwy to the end (or beginning) back to Atlanta. Some 5,000 miles in 3 weeks. It was awsome.

This year a buddy of mine on his 1150GS and I on my GSA will go from Atlanta up to Prudhoe Bay and back. From Fairbanks it's some 500 miles gravel on the Dalton Hwy. I'm really excited about that trip . We'll leave on July 18th for 3 weeks.

My riding buddy is originally from Luebeck. He has been living in the US for some 10+ years.

Good luck for your doctorate

TomTom63 screwed with this post 04-20-2008 at 05:38 AM
TomTom63 is offline   Reply With Quote