View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
2uprtw OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 644
After about 2 weeks in Real de Catorce we headed for Zacatecas several hours away. This was the first time we had to park the bike in a room (I almost burned out the clutch trying to get over a step leading into the room).

Us enjoying a park in the middle of town...

After a week in Zacatecas (the room was great so we couldn’t bare to leave!) we headed to the town of Tequila. We are, to put it mildly, very big fans of Tequila (the drink, although the town itself wasn’t too bad). We ended up visiting 2 tequila factories, the José Cuerva plant…….

Which is in sharp contrast to another plant we visited...

From Tequila we then headed to the pacific coast in search of a good beach (being Canadians, this was very important to us as they are a little hard to come by back home!). We stopped in a few places along the way but found the prices a little too high so we kept moving on. The farther we went it seemed the more junk we collected. The tank bag was getting a little out of hand...

We ended up getting to Acapulco then heading back into the interior (Mexico City). I have no pics but driving in Mexico city was the first time in my life that I did some lane splitting (against the law were we come from). We love it!!!
From Mexico we headed to Oaxaca about 8 hours away. Oaxaca is a student town (more like a city) with a great atmosphere, especially at night...

More in a bit....
2uprtw is offline   Reply With Quote