View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 06:16 PM   #11
2uprtw OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 643
After the fall the pain in my left foot started getting progressively worse to the point that I could no longer shift gears. So I decided I would rig up a way to shift the gears using bale wire. The concept was simple; When the time came to shift gears Marie would simply pull upwards on the wire.

Once I had finished rigging the thing up Marie took one look and vetoed the idea (it is good to travel with your partner!). Instead she gave me some strong pain killers and the rest of the ride was quite pleasant (we were in the middle of nowhere so stopping was not an option). We eventually got to Flores and the following day I was x-rayed and declared good to go. Despite this I had a bad limp for the next 3 weeks.

We ended up staying in Flores and the surrounding area for a week. This is a lake near the ruins of Tikal...

I forgot to put this one in earlier, some kids in the town of Todos Santos...

This was one of the signs on the road to the ruins....

And at least one shot of the ruins.....

We debated for a while about going to Belize which was just 3 hours away. In the end we decided not to because of the costs involved and our desire to pick up the pace a bit. So instead we headed for El Salvador. Our plan was to spend 1 or maybe 2 weeks visiting the country. Instead we ended up staying a full month for repairs, but more on that tomorrow.
2uprtw is offline   Reply With Quote