View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 11:04 AM   #127
laughatmyvanagon111
Wet Side of the Mountains

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTC
I changed the bars to an aftermarket set. Just be sure to get some with enough straight section from the grip end to the first bend to fit all your switch gear and mirror mounts etc as some motocross bars are a bit short in this area. Not cycra fault they make their guards to fit 99% of the bikes out there just not yours. XT's normally have bare end weights from stock hence the sealed look to the bar ends.
Andy.
Yeah, looks like I"m going to have to change out my stocker bars. I'm not sure how difficult this will be with mounting the throttle etc. but looks like I have no choice if I want to mount good handguards with the protection for the levers. I was checking out CycleGear yesterday to get some ideas. Sucks about the XT sealed ends on the bars though.

I have been checking Ebay for an Acerbis tank and they are either not available or they are too expensive elsewhere online.

Has anyone mounted a Clarke gastank successfully? I found an aftermarket tank for around $180 in Oregon (new) but it fits the same year TT600. I'm wondering if it would fit my '93 XT. Anyone have any experience with Clarkes?
laughatmyvanagon111 is offline   Reply With Quote