View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 02:50 PM   #102
DR. Rock
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01lc4intheham
Why not just use enough waypoints so that it can only route the way you want it to?
That's like telling someone who asks for directions on a bus: "...sure, just get off two stops before I do."

Or how to make money in the stock market, guaranteed: "buy low, sell high."

I split the TAT from TN to NM into 12 routes, made and tested directly on the 60CSx. Each route has ≤ 50 waypoints each, and auto-routes exactly as I want it to. I suppose I could have created the routes on Bobcat and used more waypoints per mile routed and ended up with more routes, but even then, you can't be absolutely certain that your handheld will autoroute identically to Bobcat unless you try it out on the handheld. If you don't like surprises, that's your only option.
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote