Thread: The Mobius Trip
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Forward

So I had been packed for days. Well two days, anyway.

Riding gear:

Packed gear:

And I managed to get out of work early on wednesday. I swung by our building to drop off LDF's BMW keys, and ran into our neighbor Bonnie who is friends with Chris, the guy who panhandles across the street. We took some photos and I was on my way down to TN. Who says NYC isn't a small town?

I had about 4 hours of daylight left, and my objective was to make as many miles as I could on interstate so I could enjoy the next two days on Skyline Drive through Shenandoah Nat. forest, and then the Blue Ridge Parkway down to Rick's place near Deal's Gap.

So this is what I did:

It sucked. But I knew that the number of interstate miles was dwindling, and I was glad to get it over with.

"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space

DR. Rock screwed with this post 05-25-2008 at 07:09 AM
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote