View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 10:14 AM   #166
Sock Monkey OP
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,881
Why?

Why do I keep reading in other posts and on other boards about this bike not having any low end? I just don't get it. Case in point: This past weekend, I was riding one of my favorite back roads, and came into a hairpin (10mph) right hander a gear too high (3rd). The exit is uphill, followed by a quick left hand sweeper. I went through the turn, rolled on the throttle, and rather than the shudder/cough/die that I was expecting, it just pulled from down low and set me up nicely for the sweeper. No drama, no need to feather the clutch to get her to climb, nothing. Just chug chug chuggerooo. Now, having done that same set of turns on my old KTM, not only would it have pulled me through, if I wasn't mindful of the loud knob, I could end up on my arse as the front end would come up, but then it was 50+ hp.

Maybe it's the EXUP, maybe it's the airbox flappy thing, who knows, but this bike continues to impress me with it's versatility, especially given that it's a "little 250" (that'll do 90+ on the tarmac.....).

Oh, and I saw a really cool old train at the station, but once again I only had my craptastic phone camera with me . So, here are a couple crappy phone pics:

-NoVector
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote