View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #175
Sock Monkey OP
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,890
The nice man in the big brown truck showed up....

And brought me goodies from Eric at Wolfman Luggage!

Here's a pic of the wee blue beastie in "I'm goin' campin'" garb:

Goin' campin' a bit longer? No worries, Eric sells an add-on:

The bits are (all Wolfman):
- Explorer Lite tank bag
- Mini Beta rear bag
- Alpha-Beta duffel

I was a bit worried about 2 things prior to ordering. First, would the tank bag fit? I was mainly worried about the bars hitting the bag at full lock. Here's a pic that shows that you can scoot the bag back far enough so that's not an issue at all, and it doesn't interfere with me either:

The bars are just touching the bag at full lock. If I wanted to, I could move the bag back even farther, but for me, it works great just where it is.

Next worry was the tail bag. Would it be too big, too small, or just plain not work out? Again, no worries. The right end of the bag was the part I was worried most about, but it rests comfortably on the heat shield for the pipe, with nothing touching. There is one small gap between the shield and the fender/seat where the bag could possibly work its way down and touch the hot muffler, so I put a bit of foil tape across the gap, and covered it with ducktape. You can see it in the following pics:

I doubt it would have been a problem, but I'm the cautious type.

And there ya go! Next stop, campin' in the Sierras, with a bit of fishin' thrown in for good measure. Woohoo!

By the way, I have no affiliation with Eric or Wolfman, and I bought everything at retail, so no conspiracy theories please. I'm just a return customer of his, and find his stuff to be high quality at a reasonable price. Since I found a combo that fits neatly on the WRR, I thought I'd share so folks have an idea of what fits. Oh...and all this crap fits on the stock WRR, no extra racks, plates, or other mounting hardware needed.

-NoVector
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote