Old 06-09-2008, 11:49 AM   #90
rwamf
Follow me

Oddometer: 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie
T
Questions:

1: I plan on also using it on my 97 BMW R1100RT. Does anyone know what is the best way to mount it? I do not think I can use the RAM bar mount. I plan on running power off an accessory fuse, so if anyone has experience with that too, it would be appreciated.

2: My dual-sport/singletrack club has routes/tracks/whatever in Garmin format which I will convert to *.usr files. Is there any reason I would need the Mapcreate software or any other maps to complement the tracks? I don't care about elevation since I live in the Midwest.

Thank you
1. Don't know but check out the RAM MOUNT site as the have a motorcycle selector,

2. You will not need Mapsource , unless you would like to organize your tracks into manageable files to use on the XOG, Use GpsBabel to convert the Garmin to "usr" and you should be good to go.
Remember that the XOG will hold 5 times the number of tracks as a Garmin, and at full resolution per track, and you can save AND LOAD them from the SD card,

rwamf homepage
rwamf is offline   Reply With Quote