Thread: The Mobius Trip
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 07:45 AM   #253
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
The skunk incident

We had all our gear under the two large vestibules of the tent.

Sometime in the middle of the night, it's still raining, and we hear some scruffling inside the vestibule on LDF's side. I reach up and turn on my headlamp. SKUNK! "shhhh" I say. LDF starts shouting at it! Luckily it doesn't spray, and crawls out of the vestibule.

All our food and critter-temping stuff was tied up in a bear bag, so I think it was just curious, and trying to get out of the rain.

A few minutes later, we were drifting back to sleep, and we hear it again, but in the vestibule on my side. Same thing, it leaves. This repeats 3 or 4 times over the next hour, finally it leaves for good. I think it might have given a little squirt at one point, but in the morning, nothing smelled, so maybe not.
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote