View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 09:22 AM   #80
Bigger Al
Still a stupid tire guy

Oddometer: 7,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydascope
Yesterday was 7 weeks post surgery. I dropped the cane a couple weeks ago and can manage about 1/2 mile walking hands free, with a few breaks. No pain killers, no sleeping pills. Working full time again.

I talked to a friend a couple days ago who had a total replacement 2-1/2 years ago. He said he skied 120 days last season! I started my bike that evening and wondered how much longer...

Still feels a little wierd and I got a cool limp going, but every day is better than the day before. Now I just gotta figure out when to do the next one.

That's great news!! I'm 18 days from my first post-surgery checkup, and I'm guessing that they'll give me a cane to play with at that point.
I have been out to the garage and sat on both bikes (jeez, how can I not? ) and the difference in how it feels is incredible. It's literally been 20 years since it didn't hurt to climb on to a motorcycle.
I'm very much looking forward to the first time that I can hike a short trail with my wife and daughters, and that time is getting closer and closer.

Steve McQueen

Bigger Al is offline   Reply With Quote