View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 02:07 PM   #83
Bigger Al
Still a stupid tire guy

Oddometer: 7,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydascope
Nine weeks out and walking 2.5 miles non stop! Up and down stairs no hands too. Might try to mow the lawn tomorrow.

Today was the first day I woke up without major stiffness and discomfort, what a relief!!!

Aaaahhhhhhhh

Congratulations!!

Yesterday was six weeks for me. I started doing some walking earlier this week without the crutches, and things are loosening up very nicely.

Don't tell my doctor, but I actually took both the R90 and the KLR out last evening for a total of about 20 miles. All I can say is WHOO HOO!!! It's so strange to ride without any pain or discomfort whatsoever, but I think that I will be able to get used to it pretty quickly. I really had to do a ride, as I went out and bought myself a new Olympia jacket last week and I've been dying to try it.
I have an appointment at UC Davis on Wednesday, and I'm hoping that they'll okay me to start ridig a bicycle. I've lost about 18 pounds so far, and it'd be really nice to continue that trend.

Abraham Lincoln

Bigger Al is offline   Reply With Quote