View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 08:21 PM   #64
Hektoglider OP
One with Life

Oddometer: 2,536
Telegraph Creek

Ok so its wet and chilly so I don't take many photos while the bike is moving.I roll down to the turnoff for Telegraph Creek and I hear this is a nice ride down into there.The sign says beware to RV's extreme grades/corners etc.The first 70 km's seems to be a typical twisty bush road with some long straights thrown in too. Then the beware RV'ers signs re-appear and the road begins to deliver.I popped a few photos here and there but did not do a photo documentary on the entire thing.The town at the end was not particularly interesting, and I saw some great campsites along the way in.The attraction seemed to be the ride in and not the destination.

Of the 110 km side trip into there, about 40km of it is really nice area to ride through.The rest is "ok" but the road was being watered down and my bike got really dirty coming out of there.I washed it at the gas station when I spotted a water hose nearby.The guy in Telegraph Creek told me the gas station won't be open til later in the afternoon.I told him it's ok, I'm on a KLR.

The luxury of time allows the side trips.Next was Stewart BC as recommended by someone at D2D.I am glad I went here, it was really worth it.I felt like I was in the alps or something.I passed Bear Glacier going down hill into the town.Nice campground but the mosquitos were bad.