View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
leonphelps OP
TAT/Prudhoe Bay

Oddometer: 1,049
The Offical Pachaug Trail Thread

We seem to have assembled a group of riders for Pachaug. So lets make this the offical thread for scheduling rides on the Pachaug CT trail. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join us. Ask questions and get the info here!

Here's a Pachaug Roll Chart that I made. Its not exact and may have some errors, so use at your own risk. Just look for the RED Netra arrows on the trees that mark the way, although some trails are not marked.

Pachaug Roll Chart

GPS File of Pachaug

The roll chart may not be entirely correct and may contain errors, ride with a buddy and ride safe. Start/Finish is the Parking Lot on Spaulding Road and Down Road, Plainfield CT.

It's at the intersection of Spaulding and Dow Roads in Plainfield. Mapquest here: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/219+Spa...Plainfield+ct/

Food and Gas available at mile 45. Total ride is approximately 60 miles. Entrance to Hero Section is in Pachuag State Forest on Ekonk Hill Road, Voluntown CT. Your bike must be registered and have a plate (NOT an ATV Plate) Any errors or suggestions please email me at jbunceiii@gmail.com.

The official NETRA roll chart for the Pachaug Trail can be found HERE. It cost about $3 for NETRA members, which is $45 to join.

In order to purchase the NETRA roll chart you must become a member of NETRA. I encourage everyone to join, they support your right to ride this trail. Join NETRA.org HERE

Just an FYI on that track file....it includes my mistakes where I got off the trail, not far off though, I turned around a went back the right way.

The best way to do it is with a roll chart, Odometer to track the distance and the GPS. That way you have more then one reference on the trail.

The red arrows are intermittent on the trail marking...so you really can't rely on them.

Just remember to split the Track up using MapSource into 500 points each so you can load them on your GPS. You can't load them as one big track.

Let the fun begin!

leonphelps screwed with this post 05-05-2011 at 11:09 PM
leonphelps is offline   Reply With Quote