View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 08:23 AM   #119
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 14,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogWild
Looking at the two rigs above, it looks like they both have quite limited suspension travel. That's probably fine for a street rig, but for dual sport or off-road, you would definitely want a system that gives more travel than those. The other negatives are the un-sprung and overall weight. A leading link setup looks much better in those respects. Again, for anything going where there are bumps, weight is definitely bad. The one thing that I like about the center hub system is that the tire stays level while turning. That's definitely nice if you have a wide and flat profile tire up front.

It's a trade off type of thing it seems. I could go with a hub center front, shock with 4 inches of travel or so and a big bouncy tire I can air down. Or LL with 8 inches of travel and a lower profile tire for better street manners. I'll probably go with a LL for a little better dirt performance on this project.

Thanks to you and Bad Cat for the info, very helpful.