View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 08:29 AM   #88
tonymorr OP
Malta,NY(Saratoga Spring)

Oddometer: 2,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Weber
Hey that's pretty cool! It will never be "done", sorry man! You've made the leap into custom ADVbikes.

If it was mine I'd think about barkbusters and a seat that lets you move around more. Well, and a front brake but you're working on that.
Thanks Wayne.

Sorry I haven't sat down and done a report yet. I can tell you that I'm very happy with the power even with the stock gearing. It feels like a 650 thumper at low rpms but keeps on pulling. I have a friend that has been busting on me since I started working on it saying "Just buy an orange bike and be done with it". I think he actually used the word stupid when talking about my project. Well his place was one one of the first stops I made. He liked the way it looked right away and then took it for a ride. He was impressed and said it was a hoot. He really didn't want to like it but he couldn't help himself. I was nervous as I watched him do a couple of wheelies back and forth in front of his house. (Still with no front brake) I know they don't work in the air but you do have to stop eventually

Anywho, here's a short and long list of things that I still want to do....

SHORT LIST:

1.'08 KLR 650 front fender.

2.Buell dual round headlight.

3.MRA Speedscreen.

3.Cycra or Weestrom handguards.

4.Radiator guard.

5.SW Motech crash bars.

6.Skidplate.

7.Steering stabilzer.

8.Mount my Stormcases.(Like Pelicans)

9.Vario adjustable footpegs

LONG LIST(winter):

1.Wilbers shock to raise the back 1" and give a better ride.

2.Lower the forks in the triples when I install the shock to maintain my 28 degree rake angle.

3.Racetech cartridge emulators and springs.

4.Reroute the exhaust to right side of oil pan and out the back with a low carbon fiber can.

5.Cut the drainplug boss on the bottom of the oil pan and make it tighter to the engine so it is less vulnerable.

6.Alpina tubeless spoked wheels.
tonymorr is online now   Reply With Quote