View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #110
jegrmajstr
thumper tourer

Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx
I did.
I'm the one with the home made PowerNow inserts. Honestly, I don't know if it was worth the hastle, but it was winter and I was bored.
I did get the template from the website, but I wasn't able to get the scale perfectly. I used some flashing from Home Depot and did a lot of trial and error got it to work. I'll see if I can find one of the templates pages I printed. It will at least give you the general shape.
Did they help?
I don't know. I did so much stuff it's hard to tell what made the most differance. The bike does run cleanly now through the entire throttle range so something worked. I think I lost a little on the bottom, but I gained it on the top. I do not have that annoying surge/hickup around 4500rpm like I used to.
My bike needs a bore/piston/rings so it's kind of hard to know what the true benefits were.
Thanks for the answer, it'll be great if you can find those templates. I know that most likely there won't be any major difference at all, but like you said, winter and boredom (well, except that the winter won't be here for 2 months ). I'll be taking the carb apart anyway because of the rejetting (130/120 + airbox mod) so while I'm there I'll do all the stuff intended for the carb.
I just got the bike back from the dealers because of the valve clearance checks, and the valves are still within the stock clearance at 25 000 miles Gotta love this little tank :)
jegrmajstr is offline   Reply With Quote