View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
ldeikis OP
Dirty daydreamer

Oddometer: 718
Honda Urban Express vs "modern" scooters?

I'm looking into getting a honda Urban Express for my girlfriend--we're moving this winter and it looks like she'll have a commute of about 4 or 5 miles to work, some very small hills, all rural two lane. She doesn't have a moto license and won't be able (and/or isn't interested in) to get one by then, we don't have a spare car, and money is *tight*. So I'm looking at picking up a moped. There's an Urban Express's for sale locally in the $300-$500 range that I'm trying to arrange to see/ride.

Can anyone weigh in on these things? I'd rather see her on a ninja 250 or even a c70, but both require a license that she doesn't have and cost more. I've ridden old Honda Sprees and comparable little crap, and I think it would be enough for what she needs. Is an Express horridly slower than that?

Thanks for the input; I'm trying to go check the thing out soon.

Luke
"To them, the bike's garage clutter. To us, it's a Beretta, half a mil' in cash, and a forged passport hidden under the floorboards. Whether it's used or not, that choice is always there." --Dan Walsh, Bike, December 2003
ldeikis is offline   Reply With Quote