View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 06:26 PM   #2
Tall Man
Freelancer

Oddometer: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeikis
I'm looking into getting a honda Urban Express for my girlfriend--we're moving this winter and it looks like she'll have a commute of about 4 or 5 miles to work, some very small hills, all rural two lane. She doesn't have a moto license and won't be able (and/or isn't interested in) to get one by then, we don't have a spare car, and money is *tight*. So I'm looking at picking up a moped. There's an Urban Express's for sale locally in the $300-$500 range that I'm trying to arrange to see/ride.

Can anyone weigh in on these things? I'd rather see her on a ninja 250 or even a c70, but both require a license that she doesn't have and cost more. I've ridden old Honda Sprees and comparable little crap, and I think it would be enough for what she needs. Is an Express horridly slower than that?

Thanks for the input; I'm trying to go check the thing out soon.

Luke
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Express
Even in good condition, you're getting a spindly little cycle that's at least 25 years old. Might be worth considering a small loan to get a more substantial product for your girlfriend.

TM