View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 02:16 AM   #16
Joe Bar OP
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman
I personally like the idea of a conventional - HPN type of tank then the under seat solution developed for the HP2, but that's just a personal view.

Drilling the neck of the tank allowed me to get between 160-170 miles per tank on a long trip, a distance I could easily live with, in the city I get 140 miles per tank.

Cheers,
Megaman
I think both tank solutions compromise the looks of the bike, but for me, the underseat tank less so.

The frequesnt filling can be a bit of a pain on a long trip, but wasn't a deal breaker on not buying the bike. I always knew from the outset the tank range was poor and the seat a bit of a plank.

160-170 miles is a range I have only dreamed of despite drilling the filler neck. I don't doubt it's possible, just not when my hand's attached to the throttle

Around 130-135 seems pretty reliable per tank to me in all round use, with the light coming on around 95-100. In the constant rain I did see the light come on at 112 miles - a personal best I haven't run dry yet, but have had the range indicator down to 2 miles.