View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 11:09 AM   #17
Megaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bar
I think both tank solutions compromise the looks of the bike, but for me, the underseat tank less so.

The frequesnt filling can be a bit of a pain on a long trip, but wasn't a deal breaker on not buying the bike. I always knew from the outset the tank range was poor and the seat a bit of a plank.

160-170 miles is a range I have only dreamed of despite drilling the filler neck. I don't doubt it's possible, just not when my hand's attached to the throttle

Around 130-135 seems pretty reliable per tank to me in all round use, with the light coming on around 95-100. In the constant rain I did see the light come on at 112 miles - a personal best I haven't run dry yet, but have had the range indicator down to 2 miles.

In the city my light comes on around 95 miles and I have about 45 miles left, when I was doing my trip last summer I would go sometimes over 120 miles before I see the light coming on, on a few occasions I got a bit nervous thinking that there was something wrong with the gauge.

Keep in mind that in N. America there are bigger stretches of roads where you don't have to stop for a while and that could be the reason for the better mileage.

Cheers
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote